Wednesday, September 5, 2012

VIDEO: Get Your Hope On, Watch Emanuel Cleaver's Inspiring DNC Speech

Missouri Congressman Emanuel Cleaver fired up the interweb's this afternoon with an impassioned speech defending the Democratic Party and its ideals.

"Make no mistake: I am proud to be a Democrat. I am proud to be a member of this great party," said Cleaver. "And we have, in many instances, been hit: 'They are liberal, they are progressive.'

"Look, if being liberal and progressive means that I care for children and whether they go hungry, color me! Color me a Democrat!" exhorted Cleaver in one of many deviations from his prepared remarks. "If being a Democrat means I'm concerned about our seniors in the sunset of their life, color me Democrat! Color me liberal! After all, we are the ones who protected Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, who fought for fair wages and who ended 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell.' We are Democrats! And don't you ever forget it!"

Watch the whole thing and get your hope on:

No comments:

Post a Comment