Friday, January 16, 2009

4 DAYS AND COUNTING



In about 10 hours I get on a plane to fly back to my home town of Washington D.C., where I'll catch up with a lot of other California folks who are making the journey too. I guess in a lot of ways we've been on this journey for a long time - ever since a skinny black guy with a funny name tossed his hat in the ring on the steps of the capitol building in Springfield, Illinois on another cold winter day 2 years ago.

The beginning of that journey ends next Tuesday, January 20th, at approximately 12 noon local time, when myself and about 2 million other Americans will stand in front of another capitol building and hear these words, "I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear........."

It's not every day you're aware you're living through history. But at that moment we will know. We will be aware. And it's a day none of us will ever forget.

I'll be bringing my camera and a pair of sturdy shoes with me, so I'll do the best I can to capture the circus to share with all of you.

Be sure to check in for daily updates and photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment