Friday, January 2, 2009

In the interest of stopping terrorism...




"My brother and his wife were discussing some aspect of airport security," Irfan said. "The only thing my brother said was, 'Wow, the jets are right next to my window.'"

AirTran spokesman Tad Hutcheson agreed that the incident amounted to a misunderstanding, and he denied any wrongdoing on the airline's part.

"At the end of the day, people got on and made comments they shouldn't have made on the airplane, and other people misconstrued them."

"It just so happened these people were of Muslim faith and appearance."


In the interest of stopping securities fraud...

Officials ordered nine Jewish patrons out off a bank yesterday after two other patrons overheard what they thought was a suspicious remark.

"My brother and his wife were just talking about Bernard Madoff," Stein said. "The only thing my brother said was, 'Wow, I wonder how he pulled that off!'"

Bank owner Tad Hutcheson agreed that the incident amounted to a misunderstanding, but denied any wrongdoing on First Securities part.

"At the end of the day, people made comments they shouldn't have made in a bank, and other people misconstrued them."

"It just so happened these people were wearing yarmulkes and eschewing ham."


In the interest of stopping drunk driving incidents...

Officials ordered nine Irish patons out off a bar yesterday evening after two other drinkers overheard what they thought was a suspicious remark.

"My brother and his wife were just talking about having a couple of drinks," O'Callahan said. "The only thing my brother said was, 'Wow, I think I'm going to knock back a few!'"

"It just so happened these people had red hair, pale skin, and freckles."




No comments:

Post a Comment