Sunday, November 9, 2008

Post Election Vandalism

Sadly,  I just received this from one of our super-star volunteers in Redondo Beach, CA. She's asked me to send this out there to everyone I can, because she believes the only way to combat this behavior is to show a bright, cleansing light on it and to make sure the perpetrators know they will not be silenced.

Last night someone vandalized our home and our car (see attached). This makes me angry that someone would come on our private property and vandalize it. But it does not scare me and it does not make me sad. In a way it makes me even more proud of what we have done and I take it like a badge of honor. It is a very small price to pay for what we have achieved. And so much less than what so many have had to endure throughout our nations history to arrive at this moment.

The police officer that came to our house this morning said that we were the fourth house he had been to today. He also said that several other cars baring Obama bumper stickers had also been spray painted. Cowardly deeds by cowardly people (in my opinion). This illustrates that although we have come a long way, we still have work to do to achieve a more perfect union. Keep up the good fight.

We cleaned it all up today with the help of our neighbors. I was even able to clean up my bumper sticker :) And we turned around the yard signs to the clean side and are keeping them up!







No comments:

Post a Comment