In case you need more convincing. Thanks to super volunteer Julie Priess for looking up this information!
10. Saxby blames the United State's loss of respect in the international community on the Democrats, of course. Here's what he said:
"As long as Democrats in Congress continue to malign our President before the world for political gain back home, we will continue to face a declining stature worldwide."
9. Saxby Chambliss is rated 7% by the ACLU, with one of the most abissmal Civil Rights records in the Senate.
8. Saxby's bigotry knows no bounds.
While touring rural Georgia during this year's campaign, Chambliss tried to boost turnout in his predominately white base: 'The other folks are voting,' he bluntly told supporters. Just in case anyone is confused about who those 'other folks' are, Chambliss gave this quote to the New York Times: "There has always been a rush to the polls by African-Americans early."
At least Saxby is an equal opportunity bigot. In 2001, the Anti-Discrimination Committee wrote to House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert asking that (former) Rep. Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga), chairman of the House Subcommittee on Terrorism and Homeland Security, be removed from his position because of bigoted anti-Muslim comments at a Nov. 19 meeting with local Georgia officials. Chambliss told 30 local officials in Valdosta, Ga., that to combat terrorism a Georgia sheriff could be turned loose to"arrest every Muslim that comes across the state line."
7. Saxby's never met a big oil company he didn't like.
He has accepted almost $200,000 from Big Oil and Gas companies while voting to protect their $5 billion tax windfall and opposing legislation that would protect consumers from price gouging.
6. Saxby is rated 0% by NARAL for his %100 ANTI pro-choice voting record.
5. Saxby's a secessionist at heart.
In a Senate Armed Services Committee meeting, Chambliss said: "We need better intelligence. If we had better intelligence in the Civil War we'd be quoting Jefferson Davis, not Lincoln."
4. Saxby is rated 0% by the AU (Americans United for Separation of Church and State). Chambliss actually supports REQUIRING schools to allow prayer.
3. Saxby doesn't necessarily believe in Constitutional rights.
In 2003, Senator Saxby Chambliss chaired the Senate Judiciary Committee's public confirmation hearings on judicial appointments. Chambliss had adopted strict rules that would prevent qualified critics from challenging his predetermined selections to the federal court. One such critic was Elena Sassower, a representative from the Center for Judicial Accountability. She opposed the confirmation of Judge Richard Wesley to the Second Circuit Court of Appeals because of alleged conflicts of interest when he was judge of New York's Court of Appeals.
Sassower sought the approval of the committee to testify about Wesley and was denied by Chambliss. Sassower rose from her seat as Chambliss was adjourning the public meeting and requested permission to make a statement. Chambliss immediately ordered her arrested, charging her with "Disruption of Congress" for which she was imprisoned for six months.
This extraordinary action was taken to not only silence Sassower but dissuade others from exercising their constitutional right to redress government on legitimate issues affecting the public welfare.
2. Saxby is rated 0% by American Public Health Association - he voted AGAINST insuring children under the SCHIP program THREE TIMES.
1. Saxby the Swiftboater owes his Senate seat to his disgusting tactics during the 2002 race.
Saxby defeated incumbent Senator Max Cleland, a triple-amputee and Vietnam war veteran, by accusing him of not having the "courage to lead" because he opposed some of Bush's policies. Saxby ran ads showing images of Cleland morphed with images of Osama bin Laden and Saddem Hussein.
But it gets better. While denigrating a Vietnam War hero would lost three limbs for his country, Saxby was hiding an ugly fact. He sought and received five student deferments from service in Vietnam. During the campaign, he falsely claimed he was given a deferment for a physical injury. Saxby said...
"I was determined not to be physically fit. I had a bum knee. I had an old football knee and unfortunately they wouldn't take me."