Tuesday, November 4, 2008

See You On The Other Side Of History

"Don't believe for a second this election is over. Don't think for a minute that power concedes. We have to work like our future depends on it in this last week, because it does."
- Barack Obama


11 weeks ago I took on a commitment, to myself and to my country, that I would do everything I could, everything that was within my power, to elect Barack Obama the next president of the United States.

Little did I know I was joining a marathon already in progress. Thank you for letting me take this road with you for a little while. Together, with your help, we have already transformed the country. No matter the outcome tomorrow. We have become CHANGE. We are HISTORY. With all of us combined, we have become POWERFUL.

My teeth hurt. I really, really need to get back to the gym. My hair's gone so gray I'm long past the point of telling everyone "It's just the sun....." But none of this matters, because in less than 24 hours I know we will have done everything we could, everything that was within our power, to elect Barack Obama the next president of the United States.

See you on the other side of history.

Marta Evry
Regional Field Organizer, California - The Fighting 36th







No comments:

Post a Comment